Most of you have probably heard about the Governor’s Reopening Oregon plan. While we have never technically closed, we will be welcoming back more members according to the guidelines being set by the state starting May 18, 2020.
We are lucky to have two coworking spaces of approximately 4,000 sq feet (NWX) and 7,000 sq feet (Emkay) with high ceilings that are large enough to comply with social distancing and capacity requirements, however we are going to need the community to all work together to be able to have more people come back into the space AND stay healthy.
Our doors will still be locked 24/7 and we will be operating with limited on-site staff. If you need a key card, let us know. If you need us to let you in to get your mail, let us know.
Phase One Policies (effective 5/18/20)
If you need to access the space but do not have a Keycard, Jordan will be at the Emkay space twice a week: Tuesdays from 9-10am and Thursdays from 2-3pm to let people in to check mail, retrieve items, etc. If you need access to the space but cannot make one of those times, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
All members and visitors are required to sign in and out of the workspace each day. This is an important step for us to understand who is in the workspace, should there be a need for contact tracing. Please sign in on the paper that will be at the front desk in each space. If you have your own pen, please use that.
Everyone needs to keep 6 feet of physical distance. We’ve moved a few desks around to create more space. Please feel free to move your desk as well or let us know if you want to switch desks. We may have to play a bit of musical chairs as we see who is coming in at which hours in order to maintain the best spacing.
Meetings should be limited to ten or less people. Ideally, don’t hold group meetings inside.
Special events with over 25 people are still postponed until we enter Phase Two.
To help keep yourself safe and prevent the spread of germs, please do the following:
- Wash your hands with soap and water when you arrive and leave the space.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before pouring coffee or hot water from the kettle, using the microwave and opening the fridge.
- If you need to bring in food, please bring your own dishes and put them back in your bag or car after using them. We will be removing shared dishes.
Face coverings are not currently required at the BendTECH workspace. Guidance from the Governor’s Reopening Oregon plan strongly recommends face coverings when in public spaces, however we understand the challenges this presents to our members’ work. But if you can wear a mask, please do.
The space will continue to be cleaned by our regular cleaning service. Cleaning supplies will be available at the front desk for members to use in their personal workspaces (desk/offices) or in conference rooms.
- Stay home if you are feeling sick or have symptoms
- If you become symptomatic (cough, fever, shortness of breath), please self-isolate immediately, contact your health care provider for testing and alert BendTECH for contact tracing protocols.
- Practice good hygiene, including frequent hand washing, covering coughs/sneezes with your elbow or a tissue, and avoiding touching your face.
- Be mindful of social distancing with your fellow BendTECH members and visitors.
Thanks to everyone for your patience and understanding as we attempt to give more people a chance to be productive away from their homes.