We’re living in unprecedented times. While COVID-19 cases in Deschutes County may be low now, experts expect a second wave. Here are the precautions we’re taking and request your cooperation to minimize our collective risks. Please be respectful of one another while in the space and help us protect our community against COVID-19. These policies will evolve as we get a better handle on the next phase of the virus. So please be patient with us.
Our doors will still be locked 24/7 and we will be operating with limited on-site staff. If you need a key card, let us know. If you need us to let you in to get your mail, let us know.”
Jordan will be at the Emkay space twice a week: Tuesdays from 9-10am and Thursdays from 2-3pm to let people in to check mail, retrieve items, etc. If you need access to the space but cannot make one of those times, please email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
All members and visitors are required to sign in and out of the workspace each day. This is an important step for us to understand who is in the workspace, should there be a need for contact tracing. Please sign in on the paper that will be at the front desk in each space. If you have your own pen, please use that.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By visiting BendTECH, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- FACE COVERINGS
- Per Gov. Brown’s direction, BendTECH employees will wear face coverings while in the space at all times.
- We respectfully request members wear a face mask while moving through the building, in the restroom, kitchen and all common areas.
- You’re welcome to take your mask off while working quietly at your desk.
- Please wear face coverings in conference rooms since these are small shared spaces.
- QUIET OPEN DESK AREA
- In an attempt to minimize the “viral load” that can be introduced into the air while talking, please treat the open desk areas as a quiet space.
- If you need to take a call or have a conversation which lasts longer than 5 minutes, please step out of the open space and into the hallway or outside the building ideally.
- The call rooms are no longer available for ad hoc calls.
- We are converting call rooms into small private offices and plan to offer them at the same price as a dedicated desk for now ($250/month) for existing desk members who have frequent phone calls they cannot take outside.
- 6 ft distancing
- Please maintain a minimum of 6 feet distance between yourself and another person. If you can reach out both arms, with one hand touching your chair and can make contact with another person, you’re too close.
- We will be working to re-arrange desks and move some out to create more space.
- Propping doors open for air flow
- If you open a door to the outside, please make sure you close the door or let another person know they are responsible to make sure the doors are closed.
- Please prop open the conference room door after you leave for air flow.
- We have also purchased several air purifiers that will be in the space next week.
- Stay home if you are feeling sick or have symptoms
- If you become symptomatic (cough, fever, shortness of breath), please self-isolate immediately, contact your health care provider for testing and alert BendTECH for contact tracing protocols.
- Practice good hygiene, including frequent hand washing, covering coughs/sneezes with your elbow or a tissue, and avoiding touching your face.